Why is cargo insurance so important?
Regardless of your mode of transport, traditional carrier liability is limited and is usually calculated by kilo. Local and international law, as well as conventions governing your contracts of carriage may be limiting. They often exclude or at least limit the claims compensation available to you as a customer.
Limited liability for carrier claims
- Airfreight (Montreal Convention) 19 SDR* per kg
- Seafreight (Hauge Visby Rules) 2 SDR* per kg or 666,67 SDR* per package
- Overland (CMR) 8,33 SDR* per kg
- Rail (CIM) 17 SDR* per kg
*SDR is defined as Special Drawing Rights
Insuring your goods has never been so easy
We handle every shipment with the utmost care and attention. Of course there will always be risks associated with the transportation of goods. Sometimes there are factors out of our control. Some factors cannot be foreseen which can lead to goods being damaged or lost.
We have extensive experience of international logistics. That put us in a unique position. We are able to tailor a range of insurance products to suit any requirement. Plus, due to our high volumes, they come at competitive rates. Our in-house insurance specialists in 30 countries are able to match our flexible insurance solutions to your requirements.
In addition, insuring with us means that the process of making a claim is much easier.
We offer 3 types of insurance under the ‘KN Sure’ product:
- KN Sure SPOT - Simple yet comprehensive cover for one-off shipments
- KN Sure FLEX - Covers all shipments handled by Kuehne + Nagel. As well there is the flexibility of opting out at any time
- KN Sure FIX - Covers ALL shipments, not only those handled by Kuehne + Nagel. This can be done via our user friendly online e-insurance solution or an annual insurance policy.